Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Beads

To date I had never made a "set" of bead work, I usually go for individual pieces. These pieces started with the cab, when I finished it I decided to make a rope to go with it and then the bracelet and by the time that was done I just kept going and did the earrings too. The closures on the necklace and the bracelet are more of my vintage mother of pearl buttons, ear wires are 14K gold.


The pearls around the cab are fresh water and all the others are glass.

The earrings are not me, I don't do dangles. I don't want to break up the set, so they will probably go on consignment to the Bead Shop where I teach. Price $90. Right now I have all the flat spiral bracelets there priced from $35 to $45 depending on the bead cost, labor is the same. Anything that doesn't sell will probably be turned into Christmas gifts.

You wouldn't believe that it is the first day of fall.......the high today was 83 and it is still 71 at midnight. I still have green tomatoes so I guess it is OK that it hasn't turned cold yet, I can always use more tomatoes in the freezer.

1 comment:

  1. Mom
    The set is beautiful!...You are getting very fancy.
    Love
    AJ

    ReplyDelete