Monday, May 18, 2009

Flowers and Birds

We are on the migration route for Cedar Waxwings, and they arrived about 10 days ago. They come in a flock of a dozen or more and stay together. We have a large clump of ornamental cranberry bushed close to the house and the Waxwings love the dried cranberries.


They are a very interesting looking bird, with a top knot, black mask, red wing tips and yellow stripe on their tail feathers.
I started tomato seeds ans some herbs again this year and these are a few of the plants. I started, Roma, Better Boy and Best Boy tomato seeds. I gave away all the rest of the plants.......probably about two dozen. Steve set these out in the garden space this morning.


My parsley.......



Chives and Cilantro.......


Dill.....


Cucumbers, and yes they are already blooming....



This is an azalea that Steve Jr, gave me for Mothers Day several years ago. The blooms are really nice and I love the yellow and white color combination.


Wild Flowers and Iris beside the barn.


Steve buys the flowers for and plant two planter boxes each year for the cemetery on Memorial Day. I think he made great choices for the flowers and colors this year.


The weather forecast is for warmer temps this week, just in time for me to make my journey to CA to visit the Grandkids. I will be leaving on Wed and be gone until late Memorial Day.
I have gifts for everyone, but can't post pictures until I return, they might stop by and that would ruin the surprise.
Have a great beginning of summer holiday!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment