I think I told you that we are having a Herringbone Challenge on the BeadDreamz Group. Well I found a picture of a wonderful bracelet in one of my bead books and I really wanted to do something like it. I couldn't figure out how they got the outside rows of herringbone to stay slanted. Every time I tried it the outside rows flattened out and so I gave up. Then someone one the list posted a link to another site with the same kind of bracelet and you could see that they did the outside thread turn differently than what I had been trying to do. I revised my technique and this is the result......SPRING FLING......
In this next picture you can see the flower and leaf embellishment in the center and you can see the seed beads that I added on the turn at the end of each row.
The seed beads are hardly noticeable since they match the cubes so well and the outside rows stayed angled correctly.
The orange and yellow cubes are very bright, when I added the flowers and leaves it toned everything down some. Now the bracelet just yells SPRING instead of screaming it.