Saturday, March 14, 2009

Happy St. Patricks Day

Happy St Patricks Day!!!!




This is my oxlis plant, it is several years old and spends the spring and summer in the flower bed and the winter in a pot in front of the South patio door with all the other plants we dig and keep blooming.


These are the crocus in the flower bed by the garage, a sure sign of spring since they are NOT blooming in a snow drift.

Each year in March the local lumber yard has a dinner and trade show, we attended last Thursday evening and I won the table decoration. These beautiful yellow tulips are just starting to open.

Even though the signs of spring are evident we still need to have the wood stove burning, so Steve keeps the wood ben supplied.

For the past two years I have been growing some of my garden plants from seeds. These starter flats contain: Roma, Better Boy, and Best Boy Tomatoes, Patio Cucumbers and Basil. I want to start some mixed salad greens and some Bell Peppers too. We will have more garden space this year since we finished the flower/garden bed last summer. I'll try to keep you up to date on the plants with weekly or bi-weekly progress reports.









No comments:

Post a Comment